Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from about 7:30-11:00. Overcast & cold... perfect pike weather. 1st spot resulted in a big miss on a bucktail. 2nd spot was awesome with 2 landed (no pics, sorry) 3 hooked & lost & 5 more raised within a 100 yard stretch. 2 landed went 18" & 24". Would've snapped a pic of the 24" but a crazy hookset resulted in an episode of Esox E.R. and I just wanted to get her back in the water. One that I lost and 1 that I raised were probably mid-30's... oh well, that's why they call it fishing & not catching. 2nd spot was a new strecth I was exploring with the low water and was LOADED with pike. Had 1 fish hit & miss almost a dozen times as I was leaving... definitely the biggest I saw all day... but couldn't put hooks in her. Lures used were bucktails, spinnerbaits, & grande x-raps. I LOVE piking the DPR. Good fishing.

Alex

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The DPR is definitely exploding on our forum... not sure how I feel about it as for many years it was my secret ace in the hole, but it's refreshing to see true sportsmen (not the "ethnically diverse bottom-fishing bucketheads") utilizing this great natural resource in our backyard. My hope is that not too many "guests" that browse the site use these reports and the DP turns into the Fox. Luckily the river holds a ton of fish and many spots I'm now discovering have probably never seen a lure. I went hiking through some truly nasty stuff on Sunday for about a half mile to get to one area that was a gem, but they say it's the journey, not the destination, that makes the destination so sweet. If I start finding too many of you DP newbies in my spots I'm gonna have to call Augy and get his Snoopy Zebco outfit for some beatdowns!!! Only a matter of time till we see the first WCF 40" from the dirty D. Good fishing.

Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.