Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hearing the reports about the DPR recently I decided to give it a try today. Shortly after I got there I saw a guy land an 18-20 inch northern on a shad rap. I tried a few different things but decided to try one of my home-made Doc's Spinnerbaits and I was glad that I did. As I was reeling it in this guy came out of nowhere and slammed the lure right by shore. By this time the other fishermen had left and there was nobody to help me take a good picture, so I apologize about the quality. I measured it against my rod (and hence the gravel on the fish ) and when I got home I was surprised that this guy went 32 inches! I will definitely be going back there. :wink:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice thick pike Doc ! :shock:

Even better u got it on ur Docs` spinnerbaits :)

Great job bro !

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Nice fish! You can tell that pike had some gerth(sp?) to it....looks like it took all your hand to get a grip on it. Almost a 3 ft. pike from the DPR...priceless!

JB

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Freaking AWESOME, Tim! That's exactly why I love having this site... so we all can learn, explore new waters, and catch some fish!

I have a feeling many more of us will be exploring the DPR and I can't wait to see more reports like yours!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah, I have caught a few nice fish this year on some of my homemade spinnerbaits. That makes the catching part all the more rewarding. 8)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
coyote said:
Nice pike Doc those homemade spinnerbaits you make sure do work well, i believe i saw you catch a hog bass on a green color if im not mistaken.
Thats right you caught that piggy Bass on one of your homemade spinnerbait baits. I think that makes it even more special. Maybe you should start marketing them. Nice job again real nice fish, I bet he hit that like a freight train too.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nice job Doc! I can't wait to get home and check out the pics (my work blocks photo bucket). Congrats on catching it on a "Doc's Spinner". I was thinking about going to the lagoons on Saturday but now I might have to do some river exploring.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.