Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been seeing a nice looking spot on the DPR everyday for the last few years that was bound to hold some fish. With all this talk about the DPR I decided today would be the day.
Bout 3 casts into it and about 4 ft off shore a Northern slaamed my spinnerbait, was hella cool, saw it sneak up and hit it.. Missed him though. Casted 2 more times and nailed him! Caught him in about 4 ft of water, Saw him nail it again to.. Really Really cool. Got him on shore, and he turned out to be 27"! He also bent the heck out of my spinner bait. Bout a half hour later had another hit, saw him again, but couldnt land him. Still a good day, first pike ever! And its only 2 mins from work, could hit in on my lunch break.
That part of the river looks really good, some great structure and very wadeable. A bit shallow, id say 2 ft in most areas with depths to about 4 ft in others. Couldnt believe how clear either. FYI - He was out of the water for less than a minute.

·
Registered
123 Posts
very nice dan. although i already seen it, but i think it was photo shoped... not a real picture :D haha just playing. you gota take me there one day man.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everybody. Couldnt have caught it without all your advice.

Pic is making its way around work email. Most cant believe that it was caught 2 minutes away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.