Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long day of Christmas shopping at Long Grove I decided to stop by me spot on the DPR near Devon Ave. I was not dressed at all for the elements - snow; wind, temps about 30; overcast.

I only worked for about 20 minutes. The water was higher than it has been for the past several weeks and was moving fast. Cast a few spinnerbaits and jigs but no takers.

I don't normally post such short "outings" as fishing reports, but any and all reports can add to our knowledge for future excursions.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm going to walk the dog tomorrow along the river and fish a few spots as we go. I go through the woods to Higgins and River and then work down the river to Talcott. I walked it last week and found some interesting spots we'll see what tomorrow brings. I got the fever after todays wwd trip and I can do 2 things at once get the dog out for a good long walk and get some fishin in. I guess life can be good sometimes. I'll post what I find tomorrow.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Fished the river this morning from Higgins & River to Devon didnt get anything,so my dog Buddy (my Fishin Buddy) and I got in the truck and went back to the WWD for about an hour. Pretty much the same story as yesterday ,2 small bass on minnow under 12" a few gills , but did manage to get into some nice size crappie (they were right in front of where Mike was fishing yesterday) caught 6 of them from 7" to 10" all were very skinny. All fishing was done with ultralite and 2# test so it was fun again. There was 1 other guy there and he was fishing minnows also,He got a huge hit and the fight was on, I thought for sure he had a Northern on but it turned out to be a Busse Salmon (COY) it was about 20 to 24" long I took a picture of it ,he put it in a plastic bag with water and took it home for his pond. It was fun being out again today I cant remember the last time I got to fish 2 days in a row.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I thought for sure he had a Northern on but it turned out to be a Busse Salmon (COY) it was about 20 to 24"
Maybe it was one that got too big for the fish tank and was flushed..... :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.