Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A great day but at the same time terrible.

Me and Miroplus were fishing for about an hour and a half before i got a bite finally. We were getting hammered by he rain but were determened to catch something. Any ways i let the fish run with it for about 20 seconds and set the hook, i knew it was a pike, this area is swarming with them. I felt the weight of the fish (she was pretty big). i got her to the shore, she was about 27 in. but FAT as hell.

Then the unfortunate turn of events. I grabbed its body she flopped around a lillt bit and snapped the line right away. I was SO PISSED cause i wanted to post this piglet. Any how i think ill head out tommorow and hopefully get a good picture of it. Sorry i have no picture to show.

Cliff

·
Registered
122 Posts
At least you guys saw some action. We hit our favorite honey hole with roaches and an assortment of lures and didn't get a solid hit. The rain and high river levels probably turned 'em off. It'll probably be another week or two before the river starts to produce again.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
At least you saw some action...I was throwing the swimbaits on Saturday and only managed a couple of carp scales. It's nice to see someone getting action in this chocolate milk environment. The rains should turn the bite on even more but the turbid water will be something to contend with. Thanks for keeping up with the stats.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i didnt think we were going to get bit either. Seemed like we were waiting forever. Using large roaches under a float.

Geo are u fishing by Axehead or Bellau. The Stretch behind axehead has never been very productive for me. If you want pike you have to go just about 10 more miles north. By the way there are alot of ba ss in there too.
Cliff

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
definitely sucks when you lose em right up close like that. unsettling for sure. :( I've yet to fish the DPR but am planning a trip soon. You say about 10 miles north of the stretch by Axehead. Can you give me any street names? Also, how far beneath your floats are you fishing the roaches? Thanks.

B

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They seem to be everywhere. They definently arent holding to any structure. They are always hungy and pissed off.

I cant give you street names, my friends would kill me. The right depth seems to be around three to four feet deep. I like to keep the bait at least a foot off the bottom. It lets the bait move around and get noticed

Cliff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.