Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit the DPR in Park Ridge with Rudy as the sun was going down yesterday and caught the little guy below on a green spinnerbait.

This morning I decided to do some exploring in the Melrose Park stretch and found some decent spots but spinnerbaits just weren't working no matter what the color or blade type. I switched to an orange husky jerk that I bought a while back in Door County and it was the key. I ended up catching the little guy below on a long pause between jerks . . . then lost the lure on the very next cast :evil:.

Exploring new areas was a lot of fun. The DPR is full of pike and you can find them pretty much anywhere!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Islandfisher said:
then lost the lure on the very next cast :evil:.
quote]

Nice Pike Sean and what a way to discover new areas... Awesome!

I am guessing you forgot to Re-Tie after the pike on the Orange Jerkbait. We've all been there! :oops:

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
That's ok....now you have an excuse to go back to Door County. Nice outing(s). Yep the more DPR reports I see the more I convinced it is full of pike!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WrenchingnFishing said:
I am guessing you forgot to Re-Tie after the pike on the Orange Jerkbait. We've all been there! :oops:
Actually I was so excited after catching the pike that I cast it right into a tree :oops:.

InfamouzFisherman said:
nice pike. I lost 3 spinnerbaits last summer ha
LOL, I lost $25 bucks or so in baits in the last three days.

·
Super Moderator
6,232 Posts
It looks like the cost of lures was well worth the action you guys had. Things like casting into trees just seem to be Murphys Law. It seems everytime I creep the trolling motor up to a great looking spot my cast or my partners cast lands in a bush, or around a dock post, etc, etc. At least you got a nice fish before sacrificing it to the bait gods.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.