Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Got out for an hour after work, and managed 1 agressive 23" pike. I CaugHt him about 4 feet out in the river, and saw him slam the spinner, and this time I was prepared with a trailer hook! He seemed a little beat up, and skinny. Hopefully this is just due to the fact that there spawning, you can see them out in the river swimming around each other. From what i see there in the river there is a TON of forage for them.
Caught him on my usual spinnerbait casting paralel to shore in slack water next to some faster water.

Heres the little guy:
IMAGE_162.jpg

And heres my dream boat! I can not wait to take it out on Delevan Or Geneva!
A sheat of plywood, about 30 or so milk jugs, some styrofoam for a cup holder, and a bit of foam over some wood for a seat.. One sweet ride! Nobody better go out and take it, its docked up against a log jam for now..
Just gotta work on the motor mount.
Heres my WunderPuddle Pontoon, Elite Model.
IMAGE_165.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
i work for la rosa in vernon hills on the weekends, half day and milwakee.. .you gotta tell me where there are spots to fish the river their so i can go in between deliveries... :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mike2222 said:
i work for la rosa in vernon hills on the weekends, half day and milwakee.. .you gotta tell me where there are spots to fish the river their so i can go in between deliveries... :D
Mike, that whole stretch between 22 and up to 120 is some great fishing! I usually like to put my waders on and wade a bit into the river, you can really hit some good spots that way.. Although now its a bit to deep in most spots. Find some slack water, and some cover and cast away.. Heck, its right behind La Rosa.

Ill be out in KC MO for a few days, we can head out if you want

·
Registered
71 Posts
Danno said:
mike2222 said:
Mike, that whole stretch between 22 and up to 120 is some great fishing! I usually like to put my waders on and wade a bit into the river, you can really hit some good spots that way.. Although now its a bit to deep in most spots. Find some slack water, and some cover and cast away.. Heck, its right behind La Rosa.

Ill be out in KC MO for a few days, we can head out if you want
i'll be pretty free in about 1-2 weeks, pretty packed as of now, but pm me some days that you can go, and i'll see if i can make em

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Sweet ride!!!! Danno :wink:

The funny part is that someone put a bit of work into the craft :mrgreen:

Red and White spinner baits catch pike on the DPR for sure 8)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BassCaster said:
Sweet ride!!!! Danno :wink:

The funny part is that someone put a bit of work into the craft :mrgreen:

Red and White spinner baits catch pike on the DPR for sure 8)
Yea, cant beat the red/white spinners! And Wal Mart sells them for a buck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.