Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out for some fishing the other day on the DPR. I was down in the Riverside/Lyons stretch of the river in search of pike and the possible sauger. I couldn't find anything at the bend behind the police station. I did get a few hits, but they all were pretty soft and probably bluegill. I then moved down to the Stoney Ford Canoe Launch area. The place looks promising if the water levels would go up a little. I might give it a try again next time I go out there. I'm hoping to get out to the Fox River sometime soon because I've yet to fish there this summer. I'll have a report up when I go. Good fishing to all. Tim

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you fishing the Fox around the Chain? I usually fish down in Batavia and there is a really low population of pike down there. I do know that there are some big musky in that stretch though. The farthest north I've fished the Fox is Algonquin during the spring and fall. That is one of my favorite places to fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.