water was down a lot form the last time I was there
fished for an hour 4 to 5

Fished a white spinner bait..nada..switched up to the red and white 3rd cast
Got this guy. The fish was beat up with sores all over :shock:

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brings up a good point. Has ayone run into any wild youtes/dogs while fishing the river alone :shock:

I think i'll bring a knife/length of chain or some type of defense from now on :roll:

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what did you do? I was attacked as a kid by a dog ...still scared shitless when i see a stray dog :oops:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been fishing the DPR for 8 years seen a few yotes, wounded deer, bucketheads and bums. I had to call the police a few times on some gangbangers smoking under the bridge. Don't let yotes scare yea.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
It`s probably close to thier breeding season and if ur too close to the den they may attack.
Be carefull in the spooky woods :)
I noticed the water level went down some today too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Little Goose said:
Yotes will attack anything if you make an attempt at them.Don't test them because when there's 3 or 4 on one your idea will change fast.
oh sure but like today i scared one off they are real frightened but if they were to be in a pack of 6 that mite be scary did you ever hear about how fiesty those foxes are they attack joggers and stuff and there tiny now those id be scared of

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"spooky woods "....lol

True...there are times that I am out and hear some sounds around!!!!!

I am going better safer than sorry.....River fishing is new for me I think Ill bring
"something" along for a bit of protection...... Ok... I am a whip(trama as a kid) and get spoked in

THE

"spooky woods "

Better safe than sorry !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeahh you have to watch yourself specially if you decide to sneak in by Irving and River Rd. One time i was working an all black spinnerbait at 9:00 pm in the summer and I seen some really weird people hanging out. Gothic people with their faces painted eating a pizzas on the rocks.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nice Mike! There are Coyotes that are in the Park Ridge forest preserves. When I was a kid I used to see packs of them really early in the morning. They looked really scrappy though and were way more scared of me than I was of them.

·
Registered
248 Posts
BassCaster said:
"spooky woods "....lol

True...there are times that I am out and hear some sounds around!!!!!

I am going better safer than sorry.....River fishing is new for me I think Ill bring
"something" along for a bit of protection...... Ok... I am a whip(trama as a kid) and get spoked in THE

"spooky woods "

Better safe than sorry !!!!!!!!
i carry a knife with me when im by myself down there just because ive seen some freaky people down there and today i felt some relief when a conservation officer ticketed a guy for undersized bass on a stringer i cant believe these stupid people

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ran into the gangs that paint the walls by 294...they talked shit but that was it.
still it was 9:1 them vs me........and I have $300.00 worth of gear they can sell on ebay if they wanted to take it :|

Hell Aris and I ran into a wack job at the OCC ...he was throwing all kinds of shit in the water
....never know who the heck your going to run into.... even AxeHead has a few crazy people around

·
Registered
513 Posts
DPRFisherman said:
i carry a knife with me when im by myself down there
I don't need to carry a weapon . . . I am one. :twisted:

·
Registered
248 Posts
when i used to fish at the discharge in burr ridge i encountored a man who claimed to be in hells angels just basically a bunch of low lifes i over heard a conversation once there about guys talking about meth and acid and drugs and stuff

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.