Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Miro and I fished from 6:00 AM to 11:30AM. Ended up catching 9 Pike total. One 30" a couple 27" and the rest were in the lower 20's. Here are some of the better pics. Water was very low, pike are obviously spawning in our area. Most of the fish were scared up on the side. We also had a double which was prtty exciting.

All of these pics are of different pike, i know they all look the same but they are not.

Cliff G

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
if you dont mind can you tell me the general area you were fishing in. Im catch and release only so i wont ruin your spot or anything like that.

·
Banned
655 Posts
Dedfisher, they're found all over the river. In some places more and some places less.

Find a forest preserve that has shoreline access, and if you have waders = even better.
Any area that has some depth and wood will have fishes nearby.

If you want plenty of shoreline access and have the need to go play in the mud, give Columbia Woods in Willow Springs a try.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andrew,

Miro catches hem on a big Jerkbait sometimes, but generally they will not take the fake stuff even when it is right in front of them. I know a lot of people have luck with white spinnerbaits, but i have thrown that thousands of times in the same spot and cant get a bite. I've also tried swim baits, and crankbaits but never any luck. I have had a few swipes at it but never set the hook.

Might not be using the right baits, not sure.

As for spots with pike try the strech south of Lake Cook but not too far south.

Cliff G

·
Registered
506 Posts
was that a doubler u guys caught? i had my luck on shallow divers. or floating jerk baits

·
Banned
655 Posts
Cliff_G said:
Andrew,

Miro catches hem on a big Jerkbait sometimes, but generally they will not take the fake stuff even when it is right in front of them. I know a lot of people have luck with white spinnerbaits, but i have thrown that thousands of times in the same spot and cant get a bite. I've also tried swim baits, and crankbaits but never any luck. I have had a few swipes at it but never set the hook.

Might not be using the right baits, not sure.

As for spots with pike try the strech south of Lake Cook but not too far south.

Cliff G
Cool. Thanks, Cliff! :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Cliff_G said:
Here is a couple more from that day, some decent ones.

I appogize, the pike may have some dirt on him. (Sarcastic appology)

Cliff
i'd get rid of these pics, if you don't want your spot to be found, it gave it away for me...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.