Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
That is MASSIVELY :evil: irresponsible!!!! I'm CERTAIN that fish is not alone either.... sad to say :(

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, they will not last through the winter. That is pretty cool though!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
All of the replies to the story say that it is definitely NOT a pirahna but a PACU. Either way, must have been released eh? I've seen a lot of goldfish in the chicago river-probably dumped by people who didn't want them anymore. maybe some carp/goldfish hybrids will start showing up. actually i can't imagine they haven't already.

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
From the jaws in looks like a Pacu to me. Pacus are often irresponsibly sold in pet stores. They are a harmless fish, but grow to tremendous proportions in a short amount of time. People often get them for their 10 or 20 gallon tanks not knowing they are really only appropriate in the Amazon exhibit at the Shed. Its not really a suprise to me, and like Dave said, it was on borrowed time as it would not of survived the winter.

918 Posts
Brandon said:
All of the replies to the story say that it is definitely NOT a pirahna but a PACU. Either way, must have been released eh? I've seen a lot of goldfish in the chicago river-probably dumped by people who didn't want them anymore. maybe some carp/goldfish hybrids will start showing up. actually i can't imagine they haven't already.
Ive caught em this year fishing the river with geo and his bro were both there big white thing with a massive tail...you release 'em I'll catch em haha...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.