Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Dam#1 today for a few hours and got skunked. Not bad weather about 30 and some sun.Tried both sides using a spinner bait for a while and a berkley frenzie, water was pretty clear and not as high as I would have expexted but it was good to be out.

Did catch this little snow crab though...lol

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
nice Report rich, keep them coming :D Love the Snow crab, Be sure not to catch anymore crabs so you can have an itch free fishing season! :lol: :D

lol...

Keep the great reports coming Rich!

love your post

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
I also got out on the DPR today. Worked a few spots with Alex near Dam #4 for a couple of hours. Nothing.

But hey... it's still nice to be out open water fishing. Now if only the damned weather would start warming up!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I took the dog for a walk along the Des Plaines yesterday morning with rod in hand the pictures will tell the story. About 10 minutes after I started fishing I got hit and the fight was on. I was fishing a nightcrewler on an aberdean hook with a split shot and letting bouce with the current around eddies and downed trees.

My Fishin Buddy

Area where I got hit.

FISH ON!!!!!!!

The Fight

The Result I thought the 6# test broke but it truned out that the hook straighten out and the fight was over Fish 1 Pat 0

Another look at the hook.

It was still great to get out for an hour or so and fight a fish for a few minutes. I'm going to back to that spot with a circle hook next time. I dont know what species it was but it made a good run up river after the hit,so I'm hoping its a Northern Hopefully I'll be able to tell you next time,I have to teach my fishin buddy to use the camera if I wasnt busy trying to be like Babe Winkleman with the pictures I may not have lost him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.