Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the dpr for a few hours off rt 60, with in the first hour I managed to lose one and land one.
Landed a 25" feisty little northern and lost one because i couldnt set the hook on another..

Lesson learned, after your neighbors kids play with your reel check your drag!!!!
Didnt notice on the first northern that the drag was set so low, cause he was kind of small and pretty much hooked himself. But on the second one was a bit bigger I tried to set the hook and line just peeled out like crazy.. Agghhh...

Caught on a cheapo 3/8 oz strike king white n red spinnerbait. I have tried every other piece of tackle I have and thats the only thing that ever catches them. Of course, as usual I lost it. I need to buy those things in bulk..

·
Registered
506 Posts
i fished off townline today too. I saw those to ponds on other side of trail do u know if they hold fish, i had to call it early today had on about 30 yards left on spool

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your talking about 1/2 mile south of 60 im told those ponds do hold some bass. I just never walked that far. North of 60 those arent ponds thats just over flow from when the river flooded. No fish in there.. Look soon for the baby pike along the shore line! Cant wait to get a pic of all those babys.

I never had any luck going south, always going north seemed to work for me.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Man, that river has improved from when I moved back to the Chicago area in the mid-eighties. Back then, you'd be lucky to find some carp or bullheads that could survive living in the DPR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.