Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit the dpr today looking for pike. I picked up some knotable steel leader on the way and hit the bridge at pottawatomi woods. The river seems like alot of current and I had a hard time finding a spot. I moved down the sw bank from the bridge until I found a nice looking backwater pool. That area was no good but when I casted rattletrap into the main river I was either getting strikes or snagging into carp or something. I would get a hit and cloud of mud would pop up in the water and you could see a bulge of water go away. I then moved up N and tried under the bridge at lake cook rd. I lost my rattletrap in rocks and got pissed and then tried a little at lake arlington- still skunked.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thanks for the report bud. I have been meaning to get out and fish for some of these famous Pike but I was swamped with school work this week because of spring break this following week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.