Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
How far is the open water on mallard lake? Maybe ill bring long plank boards down on the lake and ice fish it since its enter at your own risk... Thanks bud!

Walleyes should start biting soon ;)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
molson said:
anyone know the condition of Bass Lake?
Hehehe... Thats my favorite FP Lake. last I heard is that is is still iced up as of March 22nd. I will probably end up seeing you there when it is ice free. Maybe a week or so...

Dave

·
Registered
158 Posts
B Lake is my favorite fp lake ive been fishing it for many years

you will see alot of me out there buddy.

i was out almost every morning/evening last summer.

let me know when the ice is gone.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WrenchingnFishing said:
How far is the open water on mallard lake? Maybe ill bring long plank boards down on the lake and ice fish it since its enter at your own risk... Thanks bud!

Walleyes should start biting soon ;)
Mallard was pretty heavily iced but it was starting to turn gray maybe 10-20 yards off the fishing pier by the parking lot. I didn't walk all the way around so I don't know how it was under the bridges.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WrenchingnFishing said:
molson said:
Hehehe... Thats my favorite FP Lake. last I heard is that is is still iced up as of March 22nd. I will probably end up seeing you there when it is ice free. Maybe a week or so...

Dave
What's the word on trout stocking at Deep Quarry? Did they do it or delay?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
vcackerman said:
WrenchingnFishing said:
molson said:

Dave
What's the word on trout stocking at Deep Quarry? Did they do it or delay?
I don't fish the quarry for trout. There's always too many people there and I try to avoid the crowds if possible. They do not stock bass lake with trout, So im not sure on deep quarry until I fish ti for bass wich is usually after the trout stockings.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i was there last fall for the trout opener that got delayed place was a circus me and my friend had to walk around the lake twice to find an open area to fish.

even saw a few guys standing in the water fishing with no waders on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.