Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These things look neat! I have heard they are very light and sensitive. Im debating on whether to get a Carrot Stix or a St.Croix Mojo. Anyone have any experiences?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Theres a few guys that I know of who have carrots , like -Augy,PK & toothdoc maybe they can give u a review.

Between the 2 rods u mention I would say the carrot stix are better ,depending on what model carrot ur talking about :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
dude those carrot stix are sick there actualy made from carrot fibers i think theserods are definatly the most unique but i cant say wich one to get because i havent had either but im gunna pick up a mojo in about a week ive been savin up

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I have a fishing buddy who got a carrot stix last year and he won't use anything else for crankbaits now. He doesn't like it for jigging at all though.

Jigging go st croix legend series or fenwick elite tech(walleye rods kick ass jigging for bass)

Crankbaits go carrot stix or the Kistler's are fantastic too. Not sure if they have those at bass pro but check www.tacklewarehouse.com

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Theres a few types of carrot stix the original that r for crankbaits with very moderate action and the gold series with the faster tip for plastics.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I recently picked up a few of the gold e21 carrot stix. Since it isn't open water yet, I haven't had time to try them out. I am interested in seeing how they compare to my St. Croix's. Especially the Legend Tourney's. As soon as we get some water I will make a post about them. But the Mojo rods don't come close in price to the original carrot stix's, so don't expect them to be comparable. Going by price alone, I would expect the original Carrot's to compare to the St. Croix Avid's and the Gold Carrot's to compare to the Legend Tourney's.

·
Registered
248 Posts
twoglasseyes said:
So your saying these rods are edible?
They are great with a side of ranch. However, I like medium action celery sticks for most applications.
The Original Carrot Stix is constructed by extracting nano-Bio-fibers from actual carrots and then bonding these strong, flexible fibers with Scandium, one of the earth's lightest and strongest metals. This construction process results in an incredibly light yet tough and responsive blank that lends itself to a wide variety of applications and techniques. this is from the bass pro website

·
Registered
339 Posts
Doc has the nice Carrots. I got the cheap line and that was like 150 bucks last year. I love it. It's light as hell and the grips are really comfortable. I love the split grip too. It balances perfectly with my Revos. It's my only parabolic rod so I can't really give it a decent compare to my other rods. It's my dedicated rattle trap rod and I always seem to out fish Culprit and his over priced Loomis rods with it so it must be more sensitive than those. :lol:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Ha Pk ur too funny my friend , I think u seem to forget that I fish for quality not quantity.
I`ll just have to outfish u and ur carrot again this year ! 8)

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
a bit late but guess i'll chime in. i'm not a tackle junkie and don't have an arsenal of high end rods to really compare, however, from my experience using my veggie rod last season, i couldn't be happier. i used it mostly for senko fishing. heck, all i know to use is the senko. lmao

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.