Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this morning around 7 and fished until 9am. Temp in mid 60's, overcast with a little rain.
Caught 5 bass on the south shore line, biggest 17". All came on topwater bait :D ; walking the dog with a Zara Spook .It was my first time there and it was a great first impression.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Nicely Done with some top-water action!

I have not been to E-branch for years, I might have to check it out again sometime. :p

·
Registered
95 Posts
way to go andy!! I used to fish that lake heavily about 4 years ago, with bass averaging over 3 lbs. Then they killed all the weeds in the lake and the fishing was horrible. I have stopped by a couple times this year, and noticed the weeds are coming back, but wait another year or 2 and there should be a ton of those 4 lb + fish there. Are the milfoil matts up all over the lake?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the comments guys.

maxfish86 said:
way to go andy!! I used to fish that lake heavily about 4 years ago, with bass averaging over 3 lbs. Then they killed all the weeds in the lake and the fishing was horrible. I have stopped by a couple times this year, and noticed the weeds are coming back, but wait another year or 2 and there should be a ton of those 4 lb + fish there. Are the milfoil matts up all over the lake?
Yes, milfoil matts are taking over shallow areas and blanketing the surface. North and east side of lake its almost non-fishable from the shoreline........., but south looks very promising.
My company recently moved into Glendale Heights area; couple of miles from there. I will be visiting the lake more often; especially during my lunch breaks! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.