Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pretty reliable lil birdy(actually a few of them) who has been doing abnormally well for the above mentioned species for this time of year. Prolly has something to do with the abnormal weather. Just think 30 years from now we'll all be able to tell our kids/grandkids it used to actually get cold in January and even show them pictures of snow that'll only occur naturally at the poles :lol: All bs aside though, if anyone is interested in the fishing time and place seem to be the key. 11am-4pm below tailwater areas or mouths' of tribs is the ticket!

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Dude...

I'm hoping to get out this weekend to do exactly that. However, I have to juggle a root canal, the show on Saturday, and church on Sunday. Not to mention this big ass snow we are supposed to get.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I make it out saturday I'll be looking for smallies/eyes, weather will prolly be the determining factor if I go. My buddy caught the first muskie of his life and said he had another one follow during the last warm spell we had.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check out sports authority on the corner of randall & fabyan pkwy. They had a clearance last month(prolly still goin on) on Hodgman neoprene's. Should be able to get one fo the better deals you'll find there. I talked with one of the managers and he said they were trying to liquidate a lot of the outdoors stuff as Gander Mtn opened across the street and Dicks opened in St. Chas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts