Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any tips as to what to throw and where right now at Twin Lakes? I've gone out 2 times in the last week, threw a jig and pig, with no bites on that, and a ratl-trap with only one bite on that, but didn't set the hook.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Spinnerbait, crainkbaits, jerkbaits, and rattle-traps would be your best bet at this lake. Donut Lake gets pretty deep, but the problem is that there is no structure. That lake is just a big hole. Wich means these bass are going to be just holding in the deeper water, try walking the shoreline and pounding the deeper water. That might be your best bet.

BTW- I wouldn't be suprised if you hooked into a Muskie doing that as well ;)

I have fished Donut Lake a lot in previouse years, and I would start off with a Jerk-Bait about 4-6 inches in size 8)

Hope this helps...

Dave

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks wrench, I just hit the lake today around 4 armed with my new baitcaster and a ratl-trap, but didn't manage to hook up with anything. About the jerkbait, would a sinking, floating, or supending one work good?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
HSFish said:
Thanks wrench, I just hit the lake today around 4 armed with my new baitcaster and a ratl-trap, but didn't manage to hook up with anything. About the jerkbait, would a sinking, floating, or supending one work good?
Suspending :wink: If anything with the cold water, the bass will Smack the bait on the pause at most times...

·
Registered
400 Posts
WrenchingnFishing said:
Suspending :wink: If anything with the cold water, the bass will Smack the bait on the pause at most times...
Ya, can't forget the pause in "jerk, jerk, pause"...right wrench?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
koolaid2313 said:
WrenchingnFishing said:
Ya, can't forget the pause in "jerk, jerk, pause"...right wrench?
LMAO... your the master at that one!!! :lol: Don't forget about the 20 minute break! That's Just too funny!!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
You don't need a 20 minute break if you don't have a hole in your rubber LOL :p

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
LOL, Sorry for HiJacking your Post HSfish... It's just a little inside joke we pull while out fishing... Good Luck out at Donut Lake! :wink:

Karen, yea and I got all wet!!! LMAO Damn Waders! That hole was in a bad spot too if you know what I mean!!! Atleast I have a new pair of rubbers already... :p :lol:

·
Registered
400 Posts
WrenchingnFishing said:
LOL, Sorry for HiJacking your Post HSfish... It's just a little inside joke we pull while out fishing... Good Luck out at Donut Lake! :wink:

Karen, yea and I got all wet!!! LMAO Damn Waders! That hole was in a bad spot too if you know what I mean!!! Atleast I have a new pair of rubbers already... :p :lol:
A pair of rubbers is a pretty strange thing to have, but I guess if that is what you need...

Yes, good luck out on Donut Lake HSfish. Wrench is a good guy to get tips from and you picked a great site to learn more about fishing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.