Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished triple R this morning. i have one thing to say. BIG FISH. this pond is definatly incredible. its only about the size of bealue and is only about 4-5 feet deep. but the water is crystal clear, and the bass are EVERYWHERE! They are all big too! tooday, my first one was 4 lb esy, caught on a crawler on a white jig, on the bottom. The next one was about 5 lb, caught on a texas hook and no weight. I saw a HUGE carp that had to weigh atleast 45 lb and it has prolly 4 feet long or bigger. Then as i was walking back, i noticed 3 HUGE fish out in the middle and they turned out to be BASS! They were on the surface chasing shad, and they wer all atleast 10 lb. it was incredible. the fish were bass for shure because i got and id. one swam about 10 yards out, and it was forshure bass! they were huge!. i also saw a ton of suckers and perch. all the bass i saw were 2 lb or better, most in the 5lb range! :D
this pond is incredible. if you guys wanna get out. hit me up

princeopike133: aim

·
Registered
229 Posts
live bait is definately the way to go there. I've caught one small bass on a floating rap there - but for the most part had very little luck with artificials. Also lots of bluegil there - my kids have a blast. Interestingly, that pond is also home to a summer day-camp so there are ALWAYS like 100 'superman-type' poles laying around that have been forgotten :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.