Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing been tough for me lately as last three outings had nothing to show for but after few hours of casting i connected with a nice 15 inch on a euro tackle b vibe micro swim bait . I had to reel extremely slowly off the bottom to get a vary faint bite . Fall to winter transition has begun .
Terrestrial plant Finger Thumb Creative arts Jewellery

Plant Fisherman Fish Fishing Recreational fishing

Hand Plant Insect Pollinator People in nature

Sky Cloud Tartan Smile Fisherman

·
Registered
178 Posts
Traditionally, Thanksgiving would kick off "winter" perch fishing on the Lake. I don't know what the accessibility is at Navy Pier (North side) this year, but that is where I used to go. Alot of people recommend getting there super early, but I always had good luck late morning to early afternoon. They'll hit minnows, shrimp, spikes, etc. generally fished close to the bottom. I've personally had alot of luck with tube jigs, and small blade baits. The best day I had, for size and numbers, was a few years ago, using a silver and red, cyclops spoon. The limit was 15, and I think I hit that in under 20 casts. All over 11".
Every once in a while, somebody will catch a trout to add to the excitement, so there's that too!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Traditionally, Thanksgiving would kick off "winter" perch fishing on the Lake. I don't know what the accessibility is at Navy Pier (North side) this year, but that is where I used to go. Alot of people recommend getting there super early, but I always had good luck late morning to early afternoon. They'll hit minnows, shrimp, spikes, etc. generally fished close to the bottom. I've personally had alot of luck with tube jigs, and small blade baits. The best day I had, for size and numbers, was a few years ago, using a silver and red, cyclops spoon. The limit was 15, and I think I hit that in under 20 casts. All over 11".
Every once in a while, somebody will catch a trout to add to the excitement, so there's that too!
I never use live bait . You run the minnows under a slip bobber?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SCG, I stick with lures myself, but others usually use crappie rigs or drop shot. I have used belly meat strips about a foot below a split-shot, and caught a bunch that way too!
Interesting, sounds like light tackle stuff . I wonder if the b vibe in my photo would nail them? . Maybe in white pearl color

1 - 11 of 11 Posts