Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't fish the DPR that often, but for some reason, decided to give it a shot today.
Hoping for a pike or bass or two, the bros. and I rigged up with paddle-tails and spinners and started casting. After a couple minutes, my older brother yells he just had a decent fish swipe and miss his lure. Of course, the younger brother heads over and joins the "pursuit." Sure enough, first or second cast, he hooks into a 30"-ish fish and excitedly calls me over to help with the net job. After slip-sliding my way along the steep, muddy bank, I assume the position and prepare to net his fish. He brings it in close enough for me to get a glimpse, and to my surprise, he's hooked what looks like a musky! Not being sure, I didn't want to say anything before scooping him up, but sure enough, when we got it in the net, it was in fact a healthy little musky. After a good laugh and a few pictures, I released the fish and watched it swim off good and strong. I've heard of a few being caught from the river, but I sure was surprised to see one in person.
Trousers Vertebrate Salmon-like fish Fisherman Fish

Other than this fish, we got skunked, but I still consider it a successful trip!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sworn to secrecy (LOL!) as to exact location, but Willow Springs area. That kind of added to our surprise, because I know they can come in from Busse, but if that's where this fish was from, he was quite the traveler!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts