Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried out my favorite "buzzbait" pond for a little early season action. Of course it is way too early for buzzbaits and I was just hoping it was open water. Thankfully she was wide open and I spent about an hour panfishing with a slip bobber, waxie, and ice jig. After catching about 7 or 8 gills I fancasted a rattletrap for a bit and caught a decent bass. After unhooking it, snapping a pic, and clearing the weeds off the line and bait, my hands were frozen so I called it a day. Can't wait for some nice weather next week to really get at them.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
nice job! Beautiful Report The hunt makes it all worth it!! Especially getting him on the rattle- trap a sense of accomplishment you don't get when brining him in on a minnow> Beautiful Bass Matt!!!! Whoot!! I've been catching bass around here the last few weeks... but still that post is making me excited!! Bring on the top water action baby!

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
coyote said:
Nice job Matt, funny how you have pure open water down there and we have pure ice.
Mike, you have gotten much more snow then us, maybe that is one of the reasons? 3 days ago everything was frozen and yesterday every pond I checked was open. Your area can't be too far behind. BTW, Yami caught another fat bass out of his "half-frozen" pond yesterday :p

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Good Job Matt, It must feel good to hit the open water. I'm going this week. I think im about done with the ice. Well, Maybe... I might hit Bangs Lake for some pike this week :lol:

Nice Bass! 8)

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I went back out yesterday and worked plastics for a few hours. Lost about a 3lber at the shore and had some more light hits. The hits that I missed still have me shaking my head. I am postive they are bass by the weight I felt, but they would suck it in, not move and spit it out at the slightest resistance. Even though I took the skunk home, it was fun trying to match wits with those sluggish fish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.