Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the wife and kids out to Heidecke today - poor choice on my part (never been before), as while the wife and I were doing fine with our rnr's, the kids had thier Cars and Barbie poles, with bobbers...

not really workin'.

wife caught her first fish ever (and then her second, and then her third - all baby largemouth), I got a small largemouth to start the day, and a...hell, we'll call it a bluegil, to end the day.

didn't figure to catch a thing today really...so it was a winning day.

nightcrawlers were working for the wife and I, not sure what the wax worms would have done, as we didn't put those on anything but the kiddie poles.

anyways...it's my goal to get the wife and kids out fishing this year, as it's something I absolutely used to love.

and I'm looking for a more still fishing location to take them to - any suggestions in the Joliet area?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all,

thanks for the welcome - and I loved it yesterday - I'm kinda weird, in that I love the smell of fishing...

yet I can't stand the smell of fish (bad), nor the taste of anything other than that which I catch...

HotTop - thanks for the tip - is that an inland trout spot though? if so I'll have to go get that stamp...

what's that stamp run anyways?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pk said:
Welcome. I came back to fishing after about a 7 year break last year. There is an abundance of internet fishing websites now. Google is your friend now.
Google is how I found here...

still looking for a nice private campsite (read: able to have some beers) in southern illinois that offers fishing too...sadly finding tent camping websites for those little mom-and-pop places that let you drink is harder than you'd think...

Legend075 said:
Check out Independence Grove. Great place to take the family for fishing.
looking that up now...just pulled down maps of the will county forest preserve spots to try to find one out of those too...

ah for the days of fishing in the "duck" pond, and Barth Pond in downers grove...close enough I used to walk to them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool mate - just did a search, found the Saluki bass club - figure that's pretty close...

emailed the contact person and will hope for the best.

already got this weekend's spot picked though - we'll be headed to Budde Lake off Renwick and Rte. 30 (there's another lake there too, but fishing is closed for the Heron's to have at it)...

<<

>>

now I'm looking at boats...maybe my wife is going to get fed up with me shortly...lol.

found a decent sounding starcraft 12' aluminum in Naperville...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the tip joe - I'll give that a look...

and hell, that's not that far really to drive...

although today I was talking with a guy on the train, and I realized the first weekend I have "available" for a camping trip is memorial weekend, and I learned years ago not to go camping that weekend...

so by the time we're able to go, the weather should be well decent, and my need to go south will be mitigated a bit...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.