Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been reading the forums for a few weeks and just joined. good source for tips and great for reviews of all the Chigago area spots. I'm a bit of a novice fishermen and new to the Chicago area so its been nice. Hadn't been fishing much at all in the last 10 years and never caught much of anything then but I got back into it this year. (use to slay the bluegill as a youngster)

Anyway, went to Axehead for the first time last Sat. Caught 4 bass with a fifth that got away half way in. All on rainbow trout sluggos. 3 were 8 to 10 inches with one in excess of 11 inches. A buddy got one in excess of 12 inches. good day. the water was very clear and occasionally saw some bass come very close to the bank(though they weren't interested in biting anything when they were up near us.

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Welcome to the site, Brandon. And that's great to hear that you're getting back into fishing and were able to use these boards to get on some fish at Axehead. Looking forward to more to come.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.