Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got out to Beck Lake for the first time this afternoon for about an hour and a half or so. It was low 60's, lightly raining, and quite windy. Anyway, within the first 20 minutes I had two decent sized bass pick up my black/blue flake senko. Both of these fish spit the senko while going airborne. so that was a total bummer. kept pondering wether getting skunked is actually better than having fish come off due to bad hook set, sheer determination, etc. not sure ..but man was it frustrating. anyway came away with a dink to fend off the skunk for my first time there. the senko was at least 3/4 of the length of the fish. and...a nice first impression of Beck.

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Stick with it man, and you'll eventually get rewarded at this lake for your hard work. I once caught a 6 1/2 pound largemouth at beck 5 or 6 years ago. I've had a couple 5's jump off also. I haven't seen anything much bigger than 4 pounds 10 oz come out of there in the last 4 years, but all the bass and pike I've caught from there I released, so hopefully they are still in there for ya to catch. :wink: :lol:

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
For the first time at the lake, I think i'd rather have the fish spit the hook than get skunked. At least now you'll want to go back.

Nice job nonetheless. I'm sure we'll be seeing some good Beck Lake reports from you in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.