Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well me and the family went there for about and hour and a half and all we caught were tons of WEEDS. I was fishing a crankbait and the kids had worms. We did not get one bite. We were fishing just north of willow rd.

I thought for sure I was going to land my first bass today. :(

Are there any better sites there?

·
Registered
77 Posts
a bit north of tower road theres this spot that has a bunch of stones of sort. And right now theres a backhoe parked at it. Down right to the water there are stone steps. Take a right and follow the lagoon around. There is a path but you have to push through branches and crap. There are some clearings that you can fish were there is shade which usually hold some bass on a hot day. If you keep following that around you come to an open point that has a park bench. I've had success in that general area. Recently used a buzzbait to catch a few and also some hits on senkos that i failed to set the hook with.

there are weeds here. But in the open water you could prolly cast a 1/2 oz rattle trap past the weeds and drag them through. Had some good success with that.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Dark colored spinnerbaits and chatterbaits right up against the shore will kill bass all day.

I know it's hard to move around with the kids and everything, but if your fishing in the same spot for an hour and not catching anything then you know it's time to move to another spot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.