Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Im finally getting my first real fishing trip this year due to work having me out of town most of the year alllready. Going to Delevan with a buddy of mine. Always wanted to to try Delevan.

Anybody have any tips for a Delevan Noob? Will be fishing from a boat.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've only been up a few times I'm sure some FishinMatt and some Delavan boys will put you on some current info. If you havn't looked up past posts I would look there and at last years posts for this time of year . Alot of good info to give you a starting point.

Check if no wake has been lifted as this might limit your range.
I am assuming your launching at the main launch across from Lake Lawn Resort If thats the case I would start in the harbors, infront of lake lawn, and dock areas early morning using topwaters, spin baits soft plastics to see if you can establish an early morning bass pattern. If thats not working I would work the outside edge in about 12 to 14 ft water with cranks, spiner baits or live bait. Might be some Big Pike rooming around the edges..

Just a starting point I'm sure others will chime in with better and more up to date info...

Good Luck...

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
If you are going now, the water is high and stained, and the lake is no-wake as of the last report. Check Clancys last post for some detailed info on how he got on some fish under tough conditions. I recall drop shot being part of it. 8)
I will be up there this weekend and will report what I see.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I read somewhere that the "no wake" limitation has been lifted. So you should be able to motor around at your heart's desire. What day are you going up? If you can, avoid the weekends. I hear they are awful up there.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I will be going up Saturday, about 5pm for some late evening/night fishing.
Cant wait.
If anyone else is there wave if ya see me, will be in my buddys new tracker wearing my lucking tan Adidas cap. :)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Danno said:
will be in my buddys new tracker
I need to befriend someone with a boat. :( Actually, I wish I could buy my own, but I have no place to put it at my house. The driveway is too short and way too angled to have one. I guess it will have to wait until I move again.........whenever that is. :roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.