Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting out a lot in this past week. Through out the week I have caught about 25 bass from here. Yesterday I got 8 bass that unfortunatly were all 10-12 inches. Today was fun though. I brought out my ultralite rod with 4lb test and caught 13lmb under the docks! 10 of the 13 were once again 10-12 inchers which were still really fun on ultralite. I also got a 14 incher, 15 incher, and a 16incher. These fish each took me about 3 minutes of fighting under and around the docks. It truly was a blast. I also caught one crappie about 7.5 inches that wasnt worth a picture.

the average 11-12incher throughout the week.

The first 15incher. fat bass. prespawner

Then the 14incher. this was I think the biggest fish. REALLY fat. prespawner. best figher by far.

Finally the 16incher. Which I believe was the same size if not smaller than the 14incher.

woooo. fun week of fishing. Also saw my first otter/muskrat/beaver looking thing out there today. Anyone have an idea of what it is? sorry bad pic.

This hawk was so cool! This pic was taken from me on the ground in my house! This hawk was probably 5 feet from the door and me! First hawk I have seen all spring. I thought they all flew back up north. But I guess this hawk really likes this area.

-fishkid
good luck to all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Creighton and all. I am new to this forum but i've been fishing opeka for a good 14 years now since i was 6. Went out today and caught 2 LMB that were both around 12 inches. The new piers are terrific and much more stable than the old aluminum ones. Gonna go grab some senkos this week and will prob hit the lake again on wednesday or thursday in the morning, after finals week. Hope to see you around Creighton, and may I just add one more thing, you are dating my neighbor, Justine. Also saw another handful of bass pulled out of the water by others ranging from 5-11 inches. Seemed like the fish were going for moving baits such as a mepps in-line or rapala.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, that's me. Def a small world. We'll have to go fishing sometime. I thought I was the big shot at Opeka, but I guess that title has been ripped away from me. Well I'll prob see you 'round the lake if anything. Post the next time you head out and I may just make it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Even smaller world. I know you too. Carolines lil sisters your gf.I pretty much just started fishing up here in minnesota...
And ive seen you around. Ill be fishing Opeka in may at the beginning of the month for a week or two before work at mystic starts.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Nice outing Creighton. You certainly know how to fish that lake. Looks to be your go to destination. I also love heading out with the ultralight. Every fish is a pole bender. Plus when you get the big ones on it tests your skill in landing it. Definately increases the challenge when you know that the fish may break your line or toss the lure.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I just realized this was an old post. But great fishin Creighton. One day when I go to fish Opeka wich I do not do as much as I would Like. I wouldn't mind fishin with ya and chattin fishn while slammin some hawgs!

This post gets me pumped up for some may fishing. wait.... May is Tomorrow! :p

Your a champ on that lake man!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.