Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bowman/2009/0 ... .html#more
:D

Dale is a great guy, I've enjoyed emailing back and fourth with him.

Got out this morning bright and early, I took 2 days off and hit it around 4:30 this morning. 2 guys out there when I got there. I saw 1 fish caught up until around 5:30. At 5:30 the 5 or 6 guys and myself pulled them in fast for a couple of minutes. Guys near me got 5 or 6 during that time, others got 2 or 3. I busted off 2 jigs in this time and ended up with 1 keeper and 1 throw back. I also threw back another later.

I got a couple donated fish from mplant and filleted them this morning. 1 had a softshell and an alewife in the stomach, another had a crayfish claw. This is the first morning that I've found softshells in the belly. I've seen this in other reports too. The crayfish bite must be turning on. Now if only some perch would come close to the wall so we could trick them with some softshells... I'm sick of these 3 hour outings with 15 minutes of good fishing when some school cruises by.

It was a foggy morning, it rained for a while, but I did see a kingfisher cruise by and a large bird I have yet to identify sitting on the wall when I arrived this morning.

Thanks for sharing the excitement of my jumbo with me. It's exciting to get FOTW.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I perch fish in mysterious and unpredictable ways :wink: . Good seeing you out there today. Congrats again on making the paper that is really awesome to read your story through Bowman's blog!!

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
man I broke off a 15 inch perch this morning. Damn. That would be a prize. Jk. I dunno what it was even. Prob a perch but who knows. Maybe this evening things will turn on again. See ya out there soon again cam.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Congrats Cam! The funniest thing just happened, sorry for the long story.

I was talking with a guy at work this morning about my trip to the lake, and he told me there was no way big perch came in close to shore. Couple hours later he comes into my shop with the suntimes in his hand and says "Holy christ, I guess you were right!" I said "I told you sooo.... wait a minute, that's Cam!" lol. Then I had to explain what the forums here are all about and show him this post.

Great pic too, good lighting on that fish, nice work Mike. :wink:

I was going to post a report here on my lunch break, but I think I'll wait till I get some better pics of my next outing.

-See you guys out there!

·
Registered
369 Posts
congrats on fish of the week Cam! my dad actually just told me last night that fotw was a 14.5 in perch but i had no idea it was you. if that fish convinces him to go perchin downtown in the next couple of days thank you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.