Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished Heidecke from 8-noon. Not a single bite. The sky was a bluebird sky and nothing was biting, for me anyways. That was my first time out there and will go back. Any advice for my next time to help me out. I rented a boat from greybeards and fished the southwest bank from the boat ramp area to the west end. I used worms, crankbaits of varying depths, surface lures (Bass kept jumping out of the water around me) spinners and chatterbaits. Any advice would be great. :?:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Diamonjohn,

Two buddies and I fished Heidecke for the 1st time on Labor Day. Basically same luck as you. I literally snagged a carp just off the north shore. One of my buddies caught a decent sized drum fish. See attached pics. No other bites. Noticed a lot of bait fish swimming around. Especially under the power lines on the north side. Talked to another fisherman and he had the same luck. Said he'd fished this lake many times and agreed the bait fish are probably satisfying the hunger of the game fish. Hence the reason for seeing fish jump around but no bites....

Later,
Dale

[/img]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.