Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody ever watch this fishing show? :?: I really like it, maybe because it has a somewhat religious theme to it. :? I don't know but whatever it is, I think it's a pretty decent fishing show. :wink: :)

Here's a link to their National Tournament Trail website:
http://www.fomntt.com/

and here's a link to some of the episodes:
http://myoutdoortv.com/new/fishers-of-men.html

Enjoy. :wink: :)

· Premium Member
2,617 Posts
that's awesome! being a person of faith myself, it's wonderful to see something like this coming together. every video is nearly 30 mins long and some of the best camera work i've seen in fishing! great site!

555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
twoglasseyes said:
He is a god.
Jesus on the other hand... he was just a guy.
:twisted: :x Oh no you just didn't, if you ask me that quote would qualify as heresy. :shock: I have an idea though, lets stick more to commenting on the fishing and not to insulting anyone's religion. :idea: :wink: :)

:lol: Who is the damn moderator in here?! :lol: Just kidding. :)

· Registered
2,410 Posts
LOL the intro to FOM is funny as hell. All the boats are pointed together with the fisherman holding hands. While they are praying the shows sponsors are showing on the screen in front of them :lol:.

Anyone ever see Talladega Nights when Will Ferrel prays for his sponsors during the dinner prayer?

· Premium Member
2,617 Posts
i thought the prayer introduction was the best part. :eek:

the only reason why i'm pursuing my hook thing is because of my faith. i wouldn't of had the courage, the inspiration, and the confidence to take the kind of risk I am without it.

example:
i've prayed that no matter what happens, success or failure, it's his will that matters most and it's ultimately up to him to decide my destiny. there is a lot of peace and comfort in thinking this way.

so far, all of my contacts from legal counsel all the way up to the "secret endorser" have nearly fallen on my lap. i made one phone to get my attorney and happened to find one of the finest firms in the country. i made one phone call to the industry and landed my secret endorser who is basically my direct link to every manufacturer in the business with connections you wouldn't believe.

some may say it's all coincidence or luck. some may even be bold enough to say i've worked hard for this and that's how it should be. some may say i'm the worst hypocrite and i wouldn't disagree. hey, i'm trying! :D

it hasn't been easy for sure, but with my faith, it's not as hard. and i don't need luck or coincidence to get me to where i'm going. that's the difference in the way i want to live life.

sorry, i'm not trying to preach, i'm just trying to give the perspective of those of faith and show both sides of the picture.

ok, i'm done preachin. back to fishin!

Deacon Augy :mrgreen:
Army of Jesus!

· Registered
66 Posts
Islandfisher said:
Anyone ever see Talladega Nights when Will Ferrel prays for his sponsors during the dinner prayer?
"We thank you so much for this bountiful harvest of Dominoes, KFC, and the always delicious Taco bell"

"I like to picture my jesus in a tuxedo T-Shirt, because it says "Im formal", but Im here to party"

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!"

"Dad, you made that prayer your bitch"

Second best Will ferrel movie Ever, right behind Anchorman

· Administrator
5,370 Posts
twoglasseyes said:
I love al linder, and how he says the word "presentation."
He is a god.
Jesus on the other hand... he was just a guy.
Let's keep it civil here.

Express your faith in whatever or whomever, however you'd like. Dissing one's faith or beliefs though, not cool.

· Registered
2,642 Posts
No offense intended guys! The intro to the video was soooo taladega nights. I just think it is hilaroius when poeple try to "sell" their religion by combining it with a sport or product.

Plus I'll be holding a grudge againt the man upstairs indefinately for a couple things he might have had a hand in, but thats just me.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.