Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out the other day with Augy aka Mr Sparrowhawk :) 2 decent largemouth before the daylight left us in the dark. The fish were like a cave bear waking up for the first time in the spring, super lethargic not chasing anything. Had to use the good ole Ken G tactic of dabbling. Saw about a dozen or so decent ones. Most would swim up to the jig check it out and swim away. Coaxed a few to hit by literally letting it sit in front of their face for about 60 seconds with maybe one twitch to trigger them.

Should pick up in a couple weeks :wink:

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got out to the same place tonight with very similar results. Today the one I got actually came from beneath the one I was dabbling the jig in front of so they were more active today than even 2 days ago, albeit a very subtle difference. Water temp was up one degree from when I got out with Augy.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Tis the time for the twister tails and swim shads. Give it a couple of weeks and it hopefully will almost seem unfair. We're due tho, so F the fish. Catch and release as always tho! :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.