Chicago Fishing Forum banner

FISHING BOAT

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  .Steve 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if a pedal boat like this would be good with fishing without the top thing?

See less See more
#2 ·
ive fished with them before up in wisconsin just for shits and giggles and can vouch for it and say yes it is very fishable. you just sit and pedal along the shore casting, it has a little landing you can put youre gear on on the back typically and some even have cupholders and the like...

#3 ·
my kids were on one and actually caught a largemouth bass without
a pole.HE was paddling around and a 14" bass either jumped into the
boat. :shock: ,he said he was not sure if the fish got caught in the paddles
or just jumped in because it came from behind him.I know he was on the
level cause he showed me fish. :lol: The fish was released in good condition to top it off.So I would second it,but don't count on the same results :wink:

#5 ·
If you already have one it would be great for Beck lake.

However, if you're thinking of buying one it would be a horrible purchase.

The boat would work well on beck but it wouldn't do so good on larger lakes. Beck is great but as soon as you get a boat you'll want to explore other bodies of water. The skokie lagoons and Busse are great places but are way bigger than Beck.

If I were you I'd buy a small used aluminum boat and a trolling motor.

I used to stick a 10' john (the SS Awesome!) on top of my honda civic coupe.

#7 ·
Sorry Dave, I never took a photo of the car and the boat together. But . . .

Here's a pic of the john on Beck from a few years back.

And here's a pic of the Civic and the Door County Rig I use when I'm up north.

Now that I look at it . . .

I'm 6 feet tall so the john boat might be a 9 or 8 footer (I never measured). But I put a 14' canoe on the civic once and that was much wider than the john!

P.S. Sorry for the thread jack FISHING4LIFE

#9 ·
Thanks Island, I've seen ya on Beck a couple years back, I believe I have 8)

Fishing4Life, You may even want to invest into the 2 seater plastic little bass boats at I think a 10 footer. You might be able to find one on craigslist. Don't rush into something too fast. you might kick urself in the butt later about it. :lol: I know my buddy did when he bought a 10 footer and it was too scarry to have his dog on when we were young n stupid LOL. "I don't think much has changed since :? " But you gotta start somewhere! Everyone here should put ya in the right direction for a boat.

I personally think for forest preserves and small lakes n ponds. A 10 foot or better will do ya just fine :wink:

Dave

#11 ·
Just to tell you guys im 10 lol.Im trying to purswade my dad into getting a boat cuz we go fishing every weekend at big bend,beck,busse and hes not the best like top fisherman lol.So a nice little cheap boat that i wouldnt have to like get a trailor for lol.Cuz he said we would never own a boat lol but maybeee i can get him to buy a small 1 :wink:

#12 ·
FISHING4LIFE said:
Just to tell you guys im 10 lol.Im trying to purswade my dad into getting a boat cuz we go fishing every weekend at big bend,beck,busse and hes not the best like top fisherman lol.So a nice little cheap boat that i wouldnt have to like get a trailor for lol.Cuz he said we would never own a boat lol but maybeee i can get him to buy a small 1 :wink:
does anyone kno how much those porte boats cost?

#14 ·
Here are a few pics of rediculous looking boat hauling set ups I have used, as well as a few gems from beck over the last few years. Though some may get a laugh.
First one is of the maiden voage of the SS Awesome. We soon realized it was a one peson boat, and the battery need to be in the front.

Heres two great examples of starter boats, working together. :)

This method worked OK, but the boat was getting a little scratched up at the launches. It was also a little embarrasing launching at Delavan like this. :oops:

So to save the baot, and my back, a little trailer was found.

This last one is of how we carried the canoe around, after we stopped putting it on the roofs of our cars.

#15 ·
twoglasseyes said:
Here are a few pics of rediculous looking boat hauling set ups I have used, as well as a few gems from beck over the last few years. Though some may get a laugh.
First one is of the maiden voage of the SS Awesome. We soon realized it was a one peson boat, and the battery need to be in the front.

Heres two great examples of starter boats, working together. :)

This method worked OK, but the boat was getting a little scratched up at the launches. It was also a little embarrasing launching at Delavan like this. :oops:

So to save the baot, and my back, a little trailer was found.

This last one is of how we carried the canoe around, after we stopped putting it on the roofs of our cars.
I know but i just need a little something that will fit in the back of a honda pilot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.