Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys have on your schedule for 2009? Here's mine:

Mid April: Spring Break- Kentucky Lake, Newton, or Lake of Egypt- Still considering several options. Probably the best bet for a big bass is from the farm ponds by my dad's place.
Mid May: Lake Geneva club tournament- I'll need some general starter info for this one since I've never fished Geneva before.
Early June: As soon as I get done with school I am hooking up the boat, throwing the tent and cooler in the back, and taking off. Maybe some combination of Delavan, Madison Chain, Lk Wisc, or Pool 13. How long will the wife let me go??
Mid June: Family vacation at Kentucky Lake ending with a club tournament at Mill Creek
Mid July: Club tournament on Lake Wisconsin
Late Sept: Club tournament on Pool 13
Mid October: Club tournament location???

I'll also take many day trips to places like Delavan, the Kank, Braidwood, Wolf Lake, and the Cal Sag. Probably going to take a day off during the week in May and hit Delavan. Probably spend a day at Deep in June too.

So what do you guys have going on?

·
Registered
953 Posts
FishinMatt said:
Beside the WI opener and 2 week vacation in central WI in July I have nothing officially on the books.
Except for being on baby duty my friend! :wink:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Mine is looking like this.

Now: Spring Coho action at the lake-front.
Mid-April, trip home to Wisconsin, will be fishing some smaller lakes and streams for bass, panfish... etc.
May-June, keep tabs on the rivers and harbors for possible brown/steelhead action when they are around, Jumbo perch action at the lakefront
July, I'll be in Northern MN at a cabin for a week or two. Bass, Northerns, walleye trolling at night, and maybe some deep basin musky fishing.
August, start to hope for early king action.
Sept-Nov, kings, browns, steelhead in the rivers and harbors.

Additionally there may be some long weekends in June/July/August that I'll be camping in Michigan, fishing small lake superior tribs for brook/rainbow trout. As well as some lake superior smallmouth.

Should be a good year.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well, lets see:

Tuesday next week is a guided smallie trip on LM, that may end up as a salmon trip due to this crappy weather...

Just got a boat, so as many day trips to Geneva, Delavan, Whitewater, pool 13, & Maxinkukee as I can possibly manage (some of those being a little farther requiring the rip to be more like 1.5 days...) :p Hoping I can find someone to go with me on these trips....Most my fishing partners talk a good game, but drink too much the night before :p

In the books is a week long trip down to Table Rock Lake over the July 4 holiday, but that will only be a.m. fishing expeditions, with Tubing/Kneeboarding on the dockett for the afternoons.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Nothing special, just local fishing.

Only kayak-fished twice last year. :oops: I've already gotten out that many times this year and that was before winter was even over. This year will be much better.

·
Registered
563 Posts
April 10th- SOUTHERN IL BASSIN for a week

MAY 23rd- CANADA BABY!, fly in lodge!, 7 days of fishin! PIKE N WALLEYE!

JUNE- NORTHERN WiSCONSIN/michigan U.P. BASS, MUSKY, WALLEYE!

JULY-more NORTH WISCONSIN

AUGUST- YET even more weeks at northern wisconsin summer home!

September- Wolf river, fremont, campin!

And many weekend trips waiting to be planned here and there throughout the season.... :D

Then, salmon fishing all over lake michigan harbors untill ice up, then ill plan my winter fishing calendar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.