Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've never been to Israel but I'd be curious to find out what kind of fish live there. :? Are you going fishing there anytime soon? Make sure to take and post some pics, I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to see them! Good luck out there! :p

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HSFish said:
My question is, why did they name them jewfish in the first place?
It's probably because the people who named it were the UN. :x . I mean, if people want a peace process, could they just force Hamas and Hezboll'a to stop firing Qasam and stop saying that everythings Israel's fault? I mean, yes Israel is way too harsh, but the people of Sderot and Be'er Sheba are traumatized from the constant Rocket Firings. Not to mention that the news fails to mention attacks on Israeli's, like the recently foiled Haifa car bombings that could have killed hundreds, and the Japanese Red-Army's attack in 1974 which killed over 50, or so... The problem is just the World has a considerable amount of Anti-semitism, and it doesn't want to deal with Iran yet.. But they will get it before it's too late.

Nevertheless, it's a beautiful country. My mom spent one year out of Argentina there, back in the 80's. But there are A LOT of Burnouts there. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have been to Isreal twice but I didn't do any fishing. One night I was talking to a girl who told me about fishing the Sea of Galilee with her dad but I have no idea what the target species was. As far as the Jordan goes it's actually more of a creek than a river. The Jordan is used as a water source for a lot irrigation wich sadly is the cause of the Dead Sea's demise (almost gone) and reduces the flow to a trickle. I really can't see freshwater fishing being worth a damned in that place, instead I would head down to the Red Sea to try for some salt water species. Isreal's access to the Red Sea is at Eilat wich is cool 'cause you can party hardy there. :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Osprey42 said:
The Jordan is used as a water source for a lot irrigation wich sadly is the cause of the Dead Sea's demise (almost gone) . Isreal's access to the Red Sea is at Eilat wich is cool 'cause you can party hardy there. :D
The dead sea's not gone yet....
And yeah, Eilat's pretty cool. I would like to try fishing the red sea too. I wonder how good it is.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
red_mucilin said:
Actually pretty cool flyfishing there. I expect if you google it it will pop up on a site I frequent. The poster hasn't in awhile but I'll see if I can find it.

Here's a post. Guy has tattoo's too if your into it.

http://www.warmfly.com/index.php?option ... opic=895.0
Yeah, I checked the page: looks pretty cool for Tiberias. Is that a mullet? The bottom pic?

·
Registered
585 Posts
mangostenmaster: The dead sea's not gone yet....
Your right but the last time I was there in 2003 the center of the Dead Sea had already dried up. Leaving a salty sand bar that you could practically walk across to Jordan. Since both Israel and Jordan tap the Jordan River for irrigation water they are both feeling culpable for the Dead Sea's demise. The answer? Some dumb joint israeli\Jordanian plan to connect the Dead Sea with the Red Sea via a canal. However the salt in the land locked Dead sea is simply not the same as that in the Ocean, when the two mix it will cause the Dead Sea to turn a chalky\milky color. Also the canal would introduce living things to the Dead Sea.
Like I said... Dumb!
My suggestion for you is to make a stop at the Dead Sea town of Ein Bokek, the Dead Sea offers the best Sun Bathing in the World. Masada, wich I'm guessing might be of some significance to you, is only a ten minute trip away. Be'er Sheva is in the dessert to the South but you could hit on your way to Eilat. Be'er Sheva is host to a bedouin market on Wednesday or Thursday morning early... I can't remember exactly but it's worth checking out.
Well I think that's about enough bable.
Oh and if I told you things that you already know I apologize.
Good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.