Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At almost 14 my daughters intrests involve shopping malls and friends, fishing is down on the food chain somewhere around "I don't think so".
Somehow bugs, bait and fish don't intrest her anymore and are SO-O-O UNCOOL.

This morning my daughter looked board and I asked "you want to go fishing at the pond for a couple hrs" Expecting the usual response of "NO WAY" I was pleseantly surprised to hear "sure why not".

Now wouldn't you know it the one time she comes it looks like i'm in for my first SKUNK. 2 ponds and 2hrs with out a bite and were ready to wrap it up. As were walking back I eye up one more spot and say "lets give this a try" I got a couple small bass but that wasn't the objective. Finally as she was working her bait in slow her pole bends over and she had a nice little fight from a 17" catfish. One gill later the bite died down and we left. It was a slow day but that cat was probily her biggest fish.

On the way home I asked "so were you board" and she said sort of till I caught that fish. I said hey we sould get out on the boat some time. Another unexpected reply of "sure why not"

One little step at a time I'm going to make her "SO-O-O UNCOOL" again.

NPIKE

·
Registered
431 Posts
My wife keeps asking me why are you into fishing all of a sudden? I keep telling her that some of the best conversations that I've had with my father, were while fishing. Maybe because we were both stuck on a boat together and had nothing else to do. I hope it transfers over to me and my children.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Big Al said:
My wife keeps asking me why are you into fishing all of a sudden? I keep telling her that some of the best conversations that I've had with my father, were while fishing. Maybe because we were both stuck on a boat together and had nothing else to do. I hope it transfers over to me and my children.
My wife asks me the same thing. I just tell her that it's cheaper than photography or cars. It's a half-truth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.