Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chi Riv at Peterson ---- I caught 2 big, fat assed Rock Bass (9 inch class)in the river,one hit a jig-n-pig, the other DESTROYED a small white buzzbait... it didn't crush it, it tried to BREAK IT IN HALF!! You shoulda heard me howling and laughing, man that MADE my weekend! I also rescued an Eastern Painted Turtle, GEORGEOUS colors, Reds and Oranges on Black, about the size of a bread plate, that got stuck in some douchefuck's old line , and was roasting in the sun. He was HOT, but was OK, after I SLOWLY cooled him down...I showed a Mom and her kids, and they went nuts, they thought it was really cool and had NO IDEA that cool critters lived in the river .... I also saw a SCHOOL of about 50, 2.5 - 3 inch, BASS MINNOWS swimming in the shallows, it was DEFINITELY Bass Minnows.... V.F.C.! ! Water temps are rising as well, clarity is good right now, with a minimum of particulates in suspension.... The grass is BARELY starting to grow in the deeper water, about a month late, thanks to MOTHER NATURE giving the season "Spring" a new meaning (now to be henceforth know as "Wintummer" ... ), so the activity should pick up rapidly now. The 'algae' "SCUZZ" is thicker this year than I've seen before though... REMEMBER: PLEASE, when you leave, take ALL that you brought with you and some that was left by "the INCONSIDERATES"(lazy mofo's...), and ESPECIALLY any fishing line that you see! BE SAFE, Practice Catch, Photo and Release -and Protect Our JEWEL in the Midst of Chicondo..... ALEX

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Nice report....I gotta laugh at the posting nickname under your internet handle of "Skippy". Does "douche bag" come before or after "minnow"?

:lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.