Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the lagoons starting at 6am and finished at 10ish. Started at like one of the first couple lagoons and caught this little guy:

I moved later and fished i think maybe lagoon 4 or 5 for a bit. There i caught what i think was a 14 inches bass. I couldnt find my measuring tape so i measured it on my pole. Then measured the pole when i did find the tape

both were caught on a uhh, crankbait that makes noise, haha. I cant think of the right name for it. I managed to lose it in a tree in lagoon 6.

This is actually the first time i caught a bass. Am i holding them correctly? Let me know, i dont want to end up hurting the bass.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Nice job on the bass and yes you are holding them right. It is best not to touch alot of their body because you remove the slime coat that protects them. Getting your hands wet also helps to maintain the slime coat. If you catch a real large fish you should support his body, if you hold it horzionatly, as to not put too much pressure on their jaw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.