Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather was great, 70's light wind, sunny, water was clear
Fished from 9:00am to 10:am

Caught 5 bass on senkos close to shore. I did spot 2 MONSTERS biggest bass I have ever seen at Belleau but could not get a bite.

Here are a few pix's of the 2 bigger ones(the others were minin dinks)

The good news is that the senko bite seems to be heating up :lol:

They were nailing it on the drop. Always a good sign :wink:

·
Registered
62 Posts
no doubt the senko bite is definately getting better. I've been going to them almost every time out (mostly cause it seems i've forgotten how to use anything else) _ I mean I have a lot of other stuff to go to, but senkos usually find their way into the water. I've noticed over the last couple weeks the strikes have been getting more aggresive and more frequent. Last night at the lagoons it seemed that for about 1/2 an hour we were getting a strike on almost every cast.

·
Registered
401 Posts
ya the lake I usually fish is heatin up on the senkos. And I'm basically only working the initial drop. They're hammerin it on that drop. If I don't get one on the initial drop I'll usually reel it back in and recast again heh...

·
Registered
702 Posts
i too usually get hits on the initial drop. but, i also saw somewhere online with some pro how to pop the senko up with a few quick, successive, short upward jerks with the rod to raise the senko up off the bottom to get another drop without having to recast. i get strikes after that too.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I usually work that initial drop, if there's some cover I wanna keep the bait in for a while I'll pop it like that and let it drop again 2-3 more times, but typically I cast into cover and fish the initial drop... I need to get out. I haven't fished in like a week. I'll be going a lot this week as I'm on second shift all week and have all morning to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.