Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Temps in the 90's SW wind 10-15 6:30 8:30:pm

Fished the weed infested south pool. :roll: Never much wind in the south pool

Caught 1 dink after casting a bit to far towards shore and caught an over hanging branch. Fliped the jitter bug over the branch. It lands next to the shore and I started to bring it in and bang!! but it was just a 5". Then went up the east side to the point (windy) switched to a chatter bait and landed what felt like a good size fish but I lost it about 10 feet from the shore :cry: thinking about it on the way home I think I droped my rod tip for just a bit and he was gone

One side note where did all the ducks come from. There were many more than last week many many more.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Dude... I was "THIS CLOSE" to fishing Axehead this evening but had to work late.

Yeah, the ducks are a bit of a nussiance, especially when they are in the "perfect" fishing spot. Usually just walking near them will send them paddling away.

Was there any surface action tonight? There was very little yesterday.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I sent the ducks over there from Opeka :D I found with the chatterbait that unless there is tight line at all times you are in serious trouble of losing the fish. A lot of threads here on that. But I've since moved the blade from the chatter to a different jig head with better and smaller hooks. Haven't tried them much yet but do hope they hold fish better.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fish were jumping (carp ?)a bit. I saw some large splashes but I look for more 'raisers' I used to fish Mirror lake (next to Lake Placid) and when
they are raising I have caught some very large bass on a pop-n-fly (tie a fly to a length of line to the back of a popper..... cast out the popper and slow pop it back in) some times you catch bass on the popper sometime they hit the fly some time both :lol:

Next time Jason your there look for a tall guy with a red hat.
Hope to see you there. You can show me the correct way to fish the 3"
slug-go. I tried it to day but the 3" are very light and my bait caster
was not the correct setup. plus it was to windy. Windy weather and light lures plus a bait caster is a birds nest waiting to happen.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am sending the ducks back Thanks Top. Ya thinking about if I droped the tip for just a few turn of the reel to reposition myself for the rest of the fight but when I went to reel all I felt was lure. Old guy and his son next to me said "Looks like ya had a nice one there" all I could say was "Yup" :oops: suck to lose the good ones. oh well next time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts