Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was some action on top early in the morning, but couldn't get anything to hit (one flipped its tail at a frog) on numerous topwater lures. Water was very warm and murky (don't know if its always like that, new to the area and lake). The weed beds were inconsistent and thin, which is probably why it was hard to target bass. I don't know what it looked like before the weed kill, but I'm assuming it was tough fishing from the shore, but I have a canoe, so it doesn't matter to me. 3 1/2 hours with no hits is enough for me not to go back anytime soon. I'm going to Deep Lake later this week, weather permitting, to see what it's like.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Welcome to the site bro!

Beck lake is a tough nut to crack but it is still one of my favorite FP lakes in the area. Have fun at Deep, cause I bet you'll catch a lunker or two!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Welcome to WCF Bassmaster. Beck is a tough lake to tackle. I havent been to Deep yet but from the reports I been reading there is always consist action there with alot of 20+inchers :shock: and the picke action isn't to bad . Good luck man and post a report.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.