Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 4:30 till around 6:30 working the entire northeast shoreline. Threw a couple spinners and about 5 different rattletraps. One lackluster hit on a spinner on the channel between the shore and the island was all I had to show for my time. There was a guy on a kayak who said he didn't catch anything, and chatting with the other guys on shore it seemed to be the same.

Was my first time out for the year and my first visit to this lake. I'll definitely be back, especially since I live 2 minutes away now. I would expect it to pick up with the stabilizing weather assuming there aren't always people with dogs divebombing into the shallows and chasing geese into the water.

Visibility wasn't great, I was only able to see the bottom till it hit about a foot deep. Does anyone know if it gets any better?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ha the dogs there will never get better, that goes on all year. Yes the fishing will get alot better but you will have to learn how to fish the weed cause in the summer basicly the whole lake turns into one big weed bed. Learn to fish the lake and it will pay off.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
PokerShark said:
Visibility wasn't great, I was only able to see the bottom till it hit about a foot deep. Does anyone know if it gets any better?
The visibility should be improving soon. It's usually a pretty clear lake in the spring.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm new to the area as of late last year and the only other nearby lake I know is the one at the glen. Are there any other comparable lakes in the area?

Oh btw I've been poking around the site since early spring but this is my first thread, hope to have many more (with pics of all the hawgs I pull :wink: )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.