·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spring break is nice when you leave Chicago and 8" of Snow :wink:

Weather 78-84 Light winds and blue bird skys

Day 1 was all about the 3x Slugo
Day 2 changed to a blue and white xrap, 196....Senkos
Day 3 they could not help but hit the red and black zoom trick worm and 196 Senkos

Here are a few (to many)pixs

Just a look at the type of the ponds fished

Hog...... 1st cast 1st day 3x Slugo :wink: ......(i kid you not)

Funky GAR...big teeth.... :shock: ( Click on the pix a nice 4 inch slugo sticking out of his mouth ...LOL)

Always a good trip if you come home with "Bass Thumb"
and some sun burn....LOL

Bring on the SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BassCaster(Mike)

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Looks like u had a great time dude !

Nice alligator gar lol

Bass thumb is always nice :)

I`m suprised ur coming back :shock:

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Culprit said:
I`m suprised ur coming back :shock:
Aris ...I got layed off Monday the 24th :cry: ...I wished i could have stayed..... :lol:

Had to get the kids back to school :roll:

but the snook I lost at the shore on the last day was an even bigger bummer... Thing was HUGE...ran 4 times 50 feet out(Drag singing) multi jumps. Got it back to shore each time but on the last try. SNAP !!!!!!! 10lb line gave out...what a fight !!!!!!! Lasted 5+ min

I just could not tire him out ...them snook fight like hell.....A Big Fish.... what a thrill but no Pix ..(would have made a nice video) :cry:

P.S I check the line and it was just all teeth marks ...he must have taken it in and nawed away on each run....Braided line.........next time :twisted:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
looks like you had a blast! Sorry to hear about your layoff.. Nice Bass by the way!

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A note from my brother from the world of hell............after I sent him some vaca pixs

"You really want to see a fish -
in the lake outside the palace here they have Carp and a variety of fish
called the "Saddam Bass." Those were specially bred for that knuckle
head. No joke, they are about two feet long, and I gather close to be
about 10lbs." :shock:

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Nice trip! We need some of those ponds up here...hell while your at it bring the weather.

That does suck about the layoff but looking at the silver lining.....it couldn't have happened at a better time of the fishing season. I was unemployed two springs ago and it was the BEST time off fishing that I've had ever!

Make the most of it with the family and fishing!

JB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.