Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I'm new to this I went out to Busse lake today over by grove 26-27 and not much luck. If anyone has any tips or good spots please let me know. I also have an 18ft Bayliner Bass Boat if anyone knows of any good spots you can reach by boat.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Do you want to fish Busse specifically or are you just looking for some ideas of where to fish? There are lots of great places close by. Look at past posts of Lake Glenview, Independence Grove, Beck Lake and other local spots on this site. There is a lot of good information there.

BTW, welcome to WCF!

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Welcome to the site catfish hunter!

What exactly were/are you fishing for at Busse? If its catfish, then you can find them just about anywhere. I've done well under the main dam with chicken livers for cats, but not big ones (that's not to say they aren't there).

The fishing wall area of the main lake just up from the main dam has produced catfish for me with nightcrawlers and cut-bait. Used Sonny's catfish bait too, but it is SUCH a mess and smells like crap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking for walleye or muskie at Busse Lake I heard they were stocked. I live in Glenview and have fished over at beck lake and Glenview lake at the Glen. I personally haven't had much luck for both of them. Beck Lake I've done several times few times on canoe mostly off shore too many weeds over there. And Glenview lake imo is over fished and shallow. Maybe I've just been using the wrong bait I use mostly spinner and buzz bait.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
If you are looking for musky, then Independence Grove would be a much better bet. They did just stock some muskies at Busse, but it is gonna be a few years before those have any size to them. There are definitely walleyes at Busse and I have seen people fishing for them below the dam before.

Lake Glenview does have some walleyes, but not a lot in my opinion. It has more bass than anything else and the fishing pressure there is pretty great for sure.

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
If you have a good trolling motor on your boat, Shabbona is probably your best bet for muskie. Quality wise, it is one of the top catfish lakes in Northern IL as well. Might be a good multispecies trip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.