Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went with 2 other guys to the goons. One guy got skunked, one caught a small white bass and i caught 2 bass and the walleye in the picture. The walleye and one bass were caught on a perch x-rap and the other bass was caught on a white chatterbait. We fished a lot of shoreline and threw everything in our tackleboxes at them

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
I love reports like this.

I get SO many emails and questions sent to me asking if real game fish of quality can be caught at Cook County Forest Preserve waters. Well, this report answers that question.

A place like the Skokie Lagoons receives a lot of pressure; especially from weekend anglers and the "bucketheads". However, from boat or shore fishing, fish like this are there to be had.

Thanks for the report, OS!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Congrats! That's a real nice catch. I've fished Skokie Lagoons many times, and I can honestly say that it's a challenging body of water. Thanks for the report as this gives me some hope that I too might be able to catch a walleye out of there some day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.