Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a NOOB at fishing the discharges near poo plants.

I am planning on fishing them this winter, as I have found access to 2 of the 13 poo plants located on my little river. Busse WWD is not one of the locations due to the anglers that rape it, and the dirty environment around it.

Anyways, at what time of the year do you start fishing the discharges? What are the ideal water temps for this kind of fishing? My creek right now is running at around 50degs - maybe more like high 40's now with this latest cold blast.

I'm thinking this weekend will be my final time with the open water stuff - depending on how well I do and if I can pop an 'eye or two.

But as a general idea, what are the ideal water temperatures for starting to fish the discharges?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I don't think that there is any ideal temp for fishing them. I would say that anytime that the water temps elsewhere go below 50 degrees is the time to start fishing the discharges. I have fished the Busse WWD when the air temp has been 0 degrees outside.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
From my past experiences the eyes will be in there around late Nov and early Dec in good quainties. In Spring Mid Feb to early March.

Shaderaps in the Arlington pool have worked pretty good for me.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
The water at the WWD was 49 - 53 degrees most times I checked..jacuzzi
when the air is 0 to 10 degrees :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.