Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got back from my camping/fishing trip and it sucked. The fishing was horrible. Here are the totals

1 bass all caught on storm wildeye perch 17inches 3lbs
1 Northern Pike all caught on Manns Minus 1 29inches ??lbs
5 Bluegill caught on crawler
3 Pumpinseed caught on crawler

This is where i fished and this was a small part of the lake.

Really made me mad usally when I got up there I do mcuh better I was up there this time last year landed 20 bass and 15 northern all in one weekend.

Water was still to cold 50 degreees in muskegon michigan

This is where i fished and this was a small part of the lake.

Here is the story with the lake

Its a private lake only open to Boy Scouts only ( i am a scout) according to chauncy nizoli of ESPN its one of the best bass lakes in midwest. Its very very very clean. To clean. The weeds are horrbible. Fish found in this lake are largemouths northern pike walleye sauger perch bluegill warmouth catfish bullhead and even a few muskie. I go up there twice a year. Memorial Weekend with scouts. And for a week camping trip in July with the scouts. Last year I caught 20 bass and 15 northern memorial weekend. And on the week camping trip in July I lost count after 2 muskie 35 bass and 20pike. The smallest bass being 15 inches 2lbs. the biggest bass being 23inches 5lbs. I wasnt a member of windycityfishing.com when i went. But this summer schould be good. LONG STORY SHORT FISHING SUCKED AT LAKE WOLVERINE FOR THE FIRST TIME :evil:

But it was fun and a bad day of fishing there at Lake Wolvierne is better then fishing in Illinois anytime.

The problem with this weekend was it was to cold fish were still spawning and there was harldy any weeds. The fishing was never really "good" as long as I have been going up there this early. I will be going up there to fish and to pick up my new shimano citica and new manns hardnose snakes on saturday.

The one morning when I caught all the fish I left my phone/camera in the tent. I will have more pics after this weekend

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Looks like a beautiful lake.

Don't be afraid of the weed (unless you're Joakim Noah). Worked correctly, they provide excellent angling opportunities. Weed pockets, weed edges/lines are classic spots for quality fish.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JasonN said:
Looks like a beautiful lake.

Don't be afraid of the weed (unless you're Joakim Noah). Worked correctly, they provide excellent angling opportunities. Weed pockets, weed edges/lines are classic spots for quality fish.
hahahah not really afriad of the weeds. Im always lookin for a crankbait that goes into them though and will come out fine. I use manns bait. They are great they go 1-2 feet right above the weed bed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.