Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So where is everybody going this year? Any special trips? Here are my plans. I know I won't do all of them but maybe.....

Mid April Spring Break- Mill Creek, Lake of Egypt, or Kentucky Lake- Haven't decided yet. I'll also hit some farm ponds where my dad lives down there.
Mid May- Sat/Sun Lake Geneva Tournament
Late May- Sturgeon Bay T Fri,Sat,Sun - Looking forward to this one.
Early June- Delavan, Pool 13- Haven't decided yet. Probably camp for a couple days. Something during the week when I get out of school.
Mid June- Prefish Mill Creek during the week- Maybe, maybe not.
Late June- Family Vacation on Kentucky Lake for a week
End of June- Mill Creek Tournament
Mid July- I promised the wife a couple days at Lake Lawn or the Abbey and then a spa treatment. I guess the boat will have to follow.
End of July- Lake Wisconsin T- I don't really care for this place but my club loves it.
End of Sept- Pool 13 T
Mid Oct- Club Classic site TBD

Hopefully gas stays low so I can do all this.

·
Banned
655 Posts
- Florida in 3 weeks for a week (march 1st thru 7th)
- SW. Michigan Steelies and Walleyes in mid-March.
- Western Ohio for river Walleye run around April 1st.
- Wisconsin in May
- Wisconsin in June
- Wisconsin in July
- Wisconsin in August
- Random fall trips.

Was going to do a 2-week trip to Lake of the Woods with a friend in mid-July but it all fell apart.

(I'll be making about 10 trips up north this year... No timetable or official schedule yet)

Need job and/or internship first for summer before I actually have any schedule.

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
With a new child everything right now is tentative, but here is a wish list........

March-LITH w/ Coyote
April-Annual Fox Chain trip with JD
May-Delavan w/ Yami Master
June-Lake Erie
July-Waupaca Chain
September-Delavan/Geneva weekend
October-Milwaukee Harbor Kings

·
Registered
286 Posts
Meh, I'm probably going to catch a few trout and salmon with the majority LMB and bluegills hopefully pike as always... Outside of illinois...

I'm probably going to argentina where I probably will go for at least trout and salmon in my grand Cordoba. But there will probably also be Dorado if I visit my moms home-town. Just hope I culd buy some bait.

And no, I'm not a buckethead.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Being unemployed, almost all long trips are on hold for now.

Only one definite in August to Lake Muskesin in Lac du Flambeau, because I pre-paid for the entire week, and it's non refundable.

Otherwise, will be like Ken, and hit up a bunch of local spots. Probably be at Shabbona a lot since it's only 1/2 hour from me, and hit the Fox and Rock rivers with my son as much as we can.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I think I will have a few days over the Summer up on Delavan and/or Geneva. Might hit up Shabbona for the first time. Probably going to hit up Pewaukee a couple of times. Might get on the Fox Chain a time or two. The big trip though is a week up on the Chippewa Flowage in mid-September. Will be utilizing a couple of guides during that week too. Should be a great time.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
March/April - POWERLINING!
April - LM Smallies w/Capt. Ralph Steiger
May - Delavan w/ Fishin D
June - Little St. Germain w/ a buddy
August - prep trip to S. WI lake for.......
Sept. - Lac Des Mille Lacs Ontario Canada w/ a portage trip to Barill Lake
Oct. - Fall Kings @ Wauk-town
Nov. - Little St. and surrounding flowage again.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to get all those in with only 15 vacation days.........

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ken,
I'm jealous how close you live to the Fox. If I lived that close to the Kank, I'd definitely be a river rat.

I'll probably also hit Delavan on opening weekend and a bunch of 1-day trips to the Kank and other 1-day trips to Delavan and Geneva. We'll see.

Spiroh- St. Clair is a place I've always wanted to go but since I know a little about Sturgeon I keep going there to get my big water smallie fix. I look forward to hearing how you do out there. Good fishing.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I am planning on going up to Ontario for a week in June. I will probably make a trip up to Delavan again this year. Other than that, I will be up in Door County numerous times looking for my favorite fish...............................smallies. :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
I hope to visit family in Minnesota, and fish the Mississippi river there. I will probably do a lot more in Wisconsin this year.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Paul S said:
Ken, I'm jealous how close you live to the Fox. If I lived that close to the Kank, I'd definitely be a river rat.
Paul, I timed it, 2 minute walk. The mouth of Blackberry creek is on the other side.
Funny thing is, I've fished this stretch enough in the past that I rarely take that walk. Besides, the walk back home is killer. I don't just go down there and back. I walk down stream for a mile. A mile of walking on railroad tracks to get back home is a form of torture.

I tend to get in the car and do the 10 to 20 minute drive to one of the creeks. Much nicer all around.

·
Banned
655 Posts
Lip_Yanker said:
Being unemployed, almost all long trips are on hold for now.

Only one definite in August to Lake Muskesin in Lac du Flambeau, because I pre-paid for the entire week, and it's non refundable.
That lake have any public access/ landings?

It's been on my hit-list for as long as I can remember.

Let me know. PM me. Thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Paul S said:
Ken,
I'm jealous how close you live to the Fox. If I lived that close to the Kank, I'd definitely be a river rat.

I'll probably also hit Delavan on opening weekend and a bunch of 1-day trips to the Kank and other 1-day trips to Delavan and Geneva. We'll see.

Spiroh- St. Clair is a place I've always wanted to go but since I know a little about Sturgeon I keep going there to get my big water smallie fix. I look forward to hearing how you do out there. Good fishing.
I'll be sure to post a fishing report. We usually go down south for largemouth but decided this year to change it up and go for the smallies.

·
Registered
593 Posts
March-Ill River
April-? dunno right now, plans are iffy
(Thought about Rend or LOE watching $..)
May-Winneconne, Wi
June-Ozarks

Bob & weave around youth group events, baseball, chores and family events:
Basically run the boat and fish anywhere.
Would like to catch & learn Marseilles pool.
Much closer and easy access.

:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.