Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,318 Posts
I just started thinking about the 2023 trips today. Think I am going to stick to my routine. DePere in late March as I have some new techniques I want to try and definetly Door County in 2nd week of June again. Would love to get back on the IL river for some sauger too. Come June I will start having some weekdays off again so I can get back to some local daytime trips.

· Registered
305 Posts
Just got back from Fourchon. School specks have been in the dead end canals for a month or so. Four of us boxed 100- 13" to 22" specks from the boardwalk yesterday. 1/4oz jigheads and assorted 3" plastic tails were the ticket. The larger specks were taken on a Zoom green trick worm and a 1/8oz wide gap jighead rigged bare hook just like the 3" plastics. Picked up a sack of salty oysters on the way home. Tonight, raw on the half shell and a bunch grilled on the pit half shell with butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese. AAAAHHYYYEEEEEE!

· Registered
1,363 Posts
Had 2 planned for this year, but already have scrubbed one due to schedule conflicts. The remaining one for Sept, is on a small Shabbona sized lake at about 300 acres with no public access... will be a bit of departure from the lakes we usually fish- Big Arbor at 1000+ and Big St. Germain at 1600+ acres.

As I get older, I'm finding I'm much less tolerant of larger lakes with multiple public access points, shore lines of 50%+ private homes and jet ski/ wake boat approved.

And even further out for 2024, will be planning a Canada trip. My old lady has never been, so it was decreed we go... Oh, ok dear, twist my arm. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts